RE: "Quick" Ratio Steering Rack

To: <BigOldWumper@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: "Quick" Ratio Steering Rack
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:24:07 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of BigOldWumper@aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 12:26 PM
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: "Quick" Ratio Steering Rack

I have heard that Spitfire/Herald/GT6 steering racks are a bolt in
replacement for the rack on the TR4A, and gives a 'quicker steering
ratio' (as well as
accordingly heavier steering), and also using steering arms from an
early TR4
will further 'quicken' the steering---I was wondering if anyone has
tried
and/or can confirm this?
-Sean

Don't know about the bolt in replacement part, but I can say that the
GT6 racks have much more turns from lock to lock than the Spit ones.  So
Be sure you don't use one of those if you are looking for quicker
steering.

Joe