rebuild recommendations

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: rebuild recommendations
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 16:10:13 EDT
Hi there listers,
I finished my 60 TR3A restoration a couple of months ago and want to do the
last bit....and engine and OD tranny rebuild.
I removed the pan and head on the current engine; decarbonised, lapped the
valves, put new rod bearings in and put it back together. It's fine when cold,
but it raps slightly at 3000 rpm as the oil pressure drops to 25psi (excess
clearance?).
I've got an older spare engine with OD and I want to start the rebuild with
the head and tranny. The tranny seems pretty staightforward...replace the
seals, the OD solenoid and check for a bad clutch and broken gears, etc.
What do I check for in the head? Do I just go ahead and replace the valves,
springs and shaft...is there anything else I should look for?
TIA
Bob Stahlbush, pres., BMNCE