Re: was Re: TR6 windscreen ..now 'dum-dum'

To: mporter@zianet.com
Subject: Re: was Re: TR6 windscreen ..now 'dum-dum'
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:33:55 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Michael,
I think the TR timing cover with its bare metal chain tensioner vibrating
against it makes a racket. The cover pan shape probably acts like a speaker.
Heavy dense putty (dum-dum) must have helped.
I have sent a quick note to company you recommended, the Sika Corp, to ask
about Sikaflex product in car use - I will post the reply.
Thanks!
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74