Transmission Oil weights and O/D oils

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission Oil weights and O/D oils
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:05:14 -0400 FILETIME=[087AB990:01C3779C]
    The question of O/D oil wt got me to thinking.  Never a good sign...  I'm
also  redline 75W90NS oil.  It seems to perform well, but if  someone with the
credentials of John Esposito says there is a chance of damaging the oil pump
(or anything else that will cause me to have to pull the trans again) I'll
drain the stuff faster then an imported beer.  What is the collective wisdom
on this?  Are most people using 30 wt. oil?  I know that two people on the
list, David Harris and David Massey, seem to having good luck with Red Line
synthetics.
 Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6