S/U carb adjustments

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: S/U carb adjustments
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 06:56:01 -0400
I think one of the reason listers are having trouble with rich running S/U's
is in the linkage connections, on the lower linkage between the "Jet-Levers",
on the rear carb the lever goes between the fork on the end of the linkage,
then on the front carb the lever is attached to the "backside" of the fork and
not through it, then the long connecting pin goes through the lever, then the
fork, on the outside of the pin insert your choke cable a washer then tighten
the nut to hold the choke cable in place, if it is attached this way the lever
does not push the choke back home and rich running carbs are the result, the
jet assembly must be all the way up.  I can send pictures to anyone that would
like them. BTDT   "FT"