Re: TR4A/TR6 wheel data

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A/TR6 wheel data
From: SDOliner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:40:13 EDT
In a message dated 9/12/2003 2:29:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:
Seems a bit odd, David, why are you looking at replacing wheels before
trying some decent tires on what you have ?  IMO there is a lot of other
suspension work to be done, before going to wider wheels can be of much
benefit.  And Michelin redlines, while they may look nice, have all the
traction of wet noodles.
That is a point well taken. But, the TR6 wheels are not correct to the car,
and I do need to spring for new tires. So I was just thinking, there must be
zillion TR6 guys who would want to get their hands on the TR6 wheels, And once
am getting new tires why not go a little wider? I caught the "wider is
better" fever at a recent autox. (no I wouldn't even think of driving the TR, I
was
in my Bugeye Sprite, on stock tires and wheels.)

Seems like some Saab wheels could really work nicely
For a beautiful looking MGA check out
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/wheels/wl201.htm

As far a suspension work, except for changing the coil springs, not sure what
else I can do. New shocks front (soft) and back (stiff) sway bars front and
back.

David Oliner