[Fwd: Welding]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: Welding]
From: joe mato <joemato@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 02:51:50 -0400
Subject: Welding
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:49:59 -0400
From: joe mato <joemato@attglobal.net>
To: owner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net

I've had an oxy-actelene torch set for over 20 years and can't live
without it. I'm using it to heat up rusted parts, cutting steel (up to
1&1/2"), brazing, welding, and just about anything else you can think
of.  I picked up a Lincoln 115 volt stick welder, got a stich welder
attachment from Eastwood, and "easystrike" rods and I'm in business.This
is good for 1/32" sheet metal  Didn't have to rewire my house either. If
I was to do it over again, it would be to get a $200 torch set(most bang
for the buck), then get a small stick or mig job.Why spend a chunk of
change on something you are going to use a couple of times, then it sits
in your garage. Another good reccommendation is to attend a welding
course at a local trade school or welding supplier. This is worth its
weight in gold whichever way you go. Joe Mato  TR3A   75219LO