Re: Differential mount bushings

To: <ms6453@optonline.net>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Differential mount bushings
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:11:25 -0600
Mitch, I went with poly and they worked great, but my diff makes enough whine
that it got transmitted thru the bushings especially at speeds over 50 mph.
The noise wasnt too band with the top down, but extremely objectionable with
the top up.  So I switched back to rubber and the noise is mostly gone.
Granted my diff has probably never been rebuilt, perhaps newly rebuilt units
are quieter.  Since these aren't high dollar items, I would try the poly
bushings but be prepared to go back to rubber.

John Lumia - 1976 TR6

Mitch wrote:>
I personally like the Polyurethane bushings for all applications but
would like some feedback on their use for the diff mounts. I would
imagine the less movement the better.