Re: wires

To: jmaher0343@bresnan.net
Subject: Re: wires
From: Bob labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:05:34 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
jmaher0343@bresnan.net wrote:
> I need to put new plug wires on my TR3.  I have delusions of making it a
>"sport
> touring" car.  Any suggestions on good wires and where to get them?  The
>coil,
> distributor, etc are all stock right now, but they will be upgraded by spring.
> thanks,
> Joe

Joe,

I used the Lucas bumble-bee wires that Moss sells. They look cool. A bit
more character than standard black wires. They look nice with my Lodge
ends. No problems with spark so far. They are supposed to be a
performance modification. I do use the "sport coil" but I dont know if
that is a requirement. I think the wire is solid copper, so may be a
problem if you have a radio. When I drive, I just listen to the engine
and the wind.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V