RE: 1958 TR3 rear-end ratio

To: "Robert Janyk" <robertj@eurojazz.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1958 TR3 rear-end ratio
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:43:44 -0700
> Does anyone out there know the original rear-end ratio of the 1958 TR3?

Standard was 3.70.  4.10 was listed as an option by the factory, but it's
fairly rare; 4.55 was apparently available by special order.

> Please reply off list unless there might be others that wants the same
> question answered.

Lots of lurkers out there, maybe someone else wanted to know and hadn't
asked yet ...

TS39781LO was apparently originally equipped with 4.10 gears, although they
were gone by the time I got the car.  Does anyone else have an original 4.10
car ?

Randall