Re: Tr3a front apron pt2

To: "'Ryoung@navcomtech.com'" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tr3a front apron pt2
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 15:02:20 -0400
Anything's possible, but most likely the rubber bushings are MIA.
TRF P/N 108496, $.65, 8 reqd

The next big question is how much damage has been caused by running without
them.  Odds are the bolts, washers and sleeves could do with replacing too,
hopefully the fan itself is reusable.  Look at the holes in it, they should
be round.

Randall

-----------------------------

Well this one really has got me looking around.  The main crank bolt through
the hub was finger tight!  Checked the bushing and the rest of the bolts and
the various bolt holes. Bolts tight and secure and the holes all round not
oval. The bushings are all there :-) and still soft :-D

Got the chain cover off and see that even if I put the tensioner in the
right place pressing against the chain there is still slack on the opposite
side of the chain. How much slack is normal with and without the tensioner?

The crank has a little rotational slack in it, not sure how much.  Enough to
feel but not to see movement.

Thanks
David Templeton
'59 tr3a