TR4 valve trouble

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 valve trouble
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:49:03 -0600
Finally got around to pulling the head off my TR4.  Cracked exhaust
valves seem to have been the cause of compression readings of 125, 35,
35, 125.  Thinking of pulling the head off the supposedly recently
rebuilt engine I bought a couple weeks ago and putting that head on my
engine tomorrow.  Pix of the valves at the link below.

My car has 87mm liners/pistons, but the new copper gasket from Moss says
86mm although: a. it looks the same size as my old gasket and b. it's
the only size he said they had.  Is this one okay?  Part number 205481.

http://www.newellboys.com/trdriver/valves.html

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO