Using E-Z LOC inserts on Trailing arm studs.

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Using E-Z LOC inserts on Trailing arm studs.
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:50:02 -0400
If I would like to add E-Z LOC inserts or Heli-Coils to my TR250
trailing arm studs, is there a reason to do it now, during the frame
off, while the trailing arms are out of the car or can I do it just as
easily later while the trailing arms are still in the car?

I guess the real question is do I need to get the trailing arms out of
the car and use a drill press, or can I drill out the stud holes free
hand with a hand held electric drill?

 From Nelson's right up I would assume I would use E-Z LOC inserts with
a 5/16-24 Internal fine thread to match the existing studs, and a
7/16-14 coarse external thread. Or should I replace the studs and use
studs with 5/16-18 coarse threads?
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/EZLOK/EZLOK.htm

Or should I use Heli-Coils? If so, why and what sizes.

Don Malling