Knockoff Hammer

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Knockoff Hammer
From: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:24:36 -0500
Hello, everyone.

I ordered a lead knock-off hammer from the Roadster Factory.  When I received
it, I discovered a large crack fissured into the lead by the handle, so sent
it back.  No big deal, perfection is for gods and liars.

But I started giving more thought to hammers and knockoffs in general.  I have
new chrome two-eared knockoffs.  On my MGB (20 years ago in college) I had the
"nut" style knockoffs, so used a wrench.  But with two-eared knockoffs, I
imagine one just whacks on the ear to loosen it, and whacks on the opposite
ear to tighten it.  But this seems likely to damage the chrome.  I asked for a
credit on the hammer I returned as I work this out.

So what do you all do with yours?  I'm wondering if maybe the best thing isn't
just to buy a cheap hard rubber hammer.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A (In pieces, but getting cleaner every week!)