Re: Info on buying TR3

To: <ScharfR@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Info on buying TR3
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 02:04:15 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob Sharp wrote:
My son, now 14 and a candidate for driver's training next Summer, has
somehow come to the mistaken notion that he has some sort of inherited right
to this car.  Over my dead body.

That was my view until recently - but I've changed my mind. 'Flossie' the
2000 was getting to be a bit of a nuisance and at the end of the summer, I
decided to try and move her on - without success. She lingered into the
autumn and then it became the winter. "Ah, well," thought I, "let's see what
the Spring brings." Then things became more adjacent and the space she
occupied at home was urgently needed for other purposes - and 'Flossie'
stood defiantly in her car port. I decided to give her to my sons jointly on
the grounds that if they got half the fun out of her that I've had this
year, they'd have a ball.
Three weeks down the track, she looks better than she's ever done during my
ownership of her. She has her own (rented) garage, her paintwork and chrome
have been protected, she gleams. Her underside has been scrubbed clean and
dinitrolled, the interior is clean enough for brain surgery and each son is
saving an equal amount each month towards her full repaint. They should
reach the target by August. In the meantime, she's entered for various road
events in 2004 and both boys (30 and 27) are fighting (again) about who's
going to drive her. I'm pretty chuffed as well because next year will see
Dad joining them at these events in 'Flossie's' big sister. Previously, it's
been one or the other car but I'm hopeful that from now onwards it'll be
both together.

Jonmac

---