RE: TR3s

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3s
From: "Alvin Watkins" <Krssamw@omh.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 13:46:55 -0500
Another true story:
Just polished TR7,even removed wheels and cleaned them back and front.
Drove to pick up my girl. Driving down the street she noticed white
smoke coming into cockpit. Pulled over and noticed there was anti-freeze
coming out from under dash. Turned out to be the heater box. Married
girl ! However, we're divorced now!

Not as dramatic, but this IS a real story because it was my car and my
date.

After getting my TR4A (first one, 1985, about a bazillion miles on it)
spent about 2 weeks doing general maintenance (tuneup, brakes, etc.)
which
included replacing the heater hoses, which were cracking.  This
occurred in
Utah in October.  Being unwise in the ways of Triumph, I didn't pay
close
attention to the replacement hoses and thus didn't notice that they are
two
different sizes (one is 1/2" and the other is 5/8").  I used 5/8" for
both
hoses.  Since no coolant flows until you open the heater valve, it
looked
to be just fine.

There was a tall blonde that I desperately wanted to impress.  So when
was reasonably sure the car was reliable, I spent a cold Saturday
washing
and waxing then picked her up at 7.  Being quite solicitous of her
comfort
(and proud of my new chariot) I offered to turn on the heat.  "Yes,
please."  Fifteen seconds later hot coolant started dripping onto her
white
pants.

I was mortally embarassed.  She was actually quite amused by the whole

incident.  And unlike Mr. Oil Gauge, she went out with me several times

after that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail is meant only for the use of the intended
recipient.  It may contain confidential information which is legally privileged
or otherwise protected by law.  If you received this e-mail in error or from
someone who was not authorized to send it to you, you are strictly prohibited
from reviewing, using, disseminating, distributing or copying the e-mail.
PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS
MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM.  Thank you for your cooperation.