RE: Compressor value

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Compressor value
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 09:54:59 -0800
> I was looking hard at one that Harbor
> freight has on sale - Its mad by US General ITEM 3848-3VGA, 6.5 HP, single
> stage, 230V, single phase, 15 amp; Maximum pressure: 130 PSI; Air
> Delivery:
> 14.15 CFM @ 40 PSI; 13 CFM @ 90 PSI; Oil lubrication.
> Highest CFM rating for the price ($429) that I have found -
> Any comments on the reliability, quality on this brand??

No, but considering how many blatant lies there are in those specifications
... I wouldn't place a great deal of faith on the CFM rating (which isn't
even CFM delivered, it's SCFM which is about 1/7 of the true CFM delivery).
Oh, and in spite of the "US" in the name, "US General" is not made in the
USA (a fact they also conveniently forget to mention on the web site).  So,
it's the same old story with HF : Caveat Emptor !

Let me put it another way : Do you want to have to explain to your sweetie
in a couple of years that her expen$ive present is junk and you need a new
one ?

Randall