Re: informal survey

To: "oliver" <oliver@connect.net>, "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: informal survey
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:55:30 -0500
From: "oliver" <oliver@connect.net>
To: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 4:04 PM
Subject: informal survey

> I'm curious - how many small mouth TR3's are there on the list besides me?

.  Anyone got a clue as to the survival rate?

Oliver:

According to Piggott and others the first TR3 was built on Oct 7th, 1955
with a commission # of TS8709, the last was built Sept 17th, 1957 at
commission number TS22013.

Assuming no lapses in sequence that would result in a total of 13,304 built.
Of that number I have always heard there is about a 10% survival rate with
barely half of those still on the road world wide.  BTW, all TR3s are small
mouth.  The TR3A is the wide mouth.

A couple of years ago someone one this list compiled the names of side
screen owners on this list along with their car's commission number.  Can
that be repeated for I seem to have lost it.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana