TR3 Engine Block

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Engine Block
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 17:29:48 -0500
To the list, I want to send a public thank you to Bill Babbit.  I drove from
New Hampshire to his house in Connecticut today, where he had offered me a
free engine block to replace my cracked one.  While there, I got to look at
the yellow TR3A he restored 100% himself, including body work and paint, and
it is indeed a craftsman's thing of beauty.  Bill also spent several hours
with me going over his car, so  I have a better idea how my frame off should
come out (if I do it right!).  I didn't know, for instance, that there are
supposed to be side panels behind the grill that funnel air into the radiator,
since my TR didn't have these left.  And he showed me an album of pictures he
took during the restoration process.

Thanks, Bill.  Like so many on this list, you're a credit to our hobby.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A TS 58667 (Frame off and in pieces, but they're being cleaned,
restored, replaced every week.)