RE: TR3a seat rails

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a seat rails
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 17:16:35 -0800
> I used the old floors as a reference to mark the seat rail
> locations on the
> new ones, and then remembered that over the years several people have
> suggested mounting them further back than the original position.
> This is my chance, so, how much further back should I go? I am a
> couple of
> inches taller than average.

Can't answer that, my seats go back until they hit the rear seat, with the
rails in the stock location.

> Part B. What is the thinking on bolting down the rails on top of
> the carpet
> vs. slitting the carpet around them? If I go the latter route I am
> considering fabricating some kind of standoffs for the rails, to
> compensate for the carpet thickness.

The factory method of slitting the carpet to fit over the rails sure makes
it easier to lift the carpet (after it gets wet in the rain for example).
IMO unless you're putting padding or insulation under the seats, the spacer
is not necessary.

Randall