Need a TR3 Spire Nut

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need a TR3 Spire Nut
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:32:02 -0800
     I am mired and wallowing in a clear case of shipwrights disease that
started out as a simple engine rebuild and now has branched into the engine
compartment restoration.
     Spire nut might not be the right term. What I am looking for is the nut
made by folding over a little piece of sheet metal with a hole in it where a
screw screws in. These are at the back of the box that holds the brake and
clutch master cylinders in the engine compartment. There is a little metal
plate at the box of the box that allows access to the M/C mounting bolts.
There are four screws holding it on using the spire nuts. I am missing one.
     MOSS doesn't carry them and all the others that I have found aren't
quite right.

     Does anyone on the list have one on a parts car that they could spare?

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, California