Re: Triumph TR6/need help

To: Frislie22@MSN.COM
Subject: Re: Triumph TR6/need help
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:54:04 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, vtr@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/3/2004 6:49:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Frislie22@msn.com writes:

> Hi,
>
> Hopefully, you can help or give me a referral to someone who can.  I've
> always wanted to own a Triumph TR6.  I remember the first time I saw one.  I
>was
> 19 and a girlfriend's brother drove up in his new TR6.  I loved it!  Getting
> married soon after and having kids squashed my dream!  Now the kids are out
> of the house on their own and my husband has his new Tundra Double Cab so I
> can now own my dream car.  Accept I don't know a thing about buying one.
>
> Like is their a certain year TR6 that I should look for??  Of course being a
> woman I have buy one that has been restored mechanically and body wise.  My
> husband is very mechanical but we both don't know if these are hard to work
> on.
>
> Could you please tell me what model years I should be looking at and approx.
> the price ranges???
>
> thanks,
>
> Lori Frislie

Lori, at the risk of providing you an "overabundance" of information, I am
passing your note along to a couple of Triumph-related e-mail lists. I'm sure
you will get plenty of good advice from fellow TR6 owners!

I would also suggest looking through the TR6 section on the VTR web site at <
http://www.vtr.org/TR6/index.html>. The prices shown in the Buyer's Guide
section are a bit out-of-date (we'll work on that!), but there's lots of useful
information there. And I would suggest contacting folks in a Triumph club near
you; check the list at <http://www.vtr.org/chapters.html>. Even before finding
your car, joining VTR and/or a local Chapter is a good idea, both for the
expertise available and for possible leads on "local" cars.

Good luck!

List members, please direct any replies to Lori at <Frislie22@msn.com>.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
  and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>

Adirondack Triumph Association (Albany, NY, area) <www.vtr.org/ata>