Will a TR6 Front Radiator Protection Shield fit a TR4A?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Will a TR6 Front Radiator Protection Shield fit a TR4A?
From: BigOldWumper@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:50:15 EST
The radiator protection shield on my TR4A is damaged (has one of the front
"U" shaped protrusions broken off) and was wondering if I would be able to fit
one from a TR6? They look visually different, but I recall hearing somewhere
that people swapped the later shields on earlier cars because they had fittings
to install an oil cooler? Are these "U" shaped protrusions necessary or not
(i.e. shoud I even replace it at all)? They don't have anything to do with
mounting a sway bar, do they?  What exactly are they used for?
Regards,
Sean