Re: TR 2, 3, & 4 info needed

To: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: TR 2, 3, & 4 info needed
From: ElangTR4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:24:10 EST
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Rick,

I own a 1964 TR4 which is nearing the completion of an amateur restoration
that has lasted way too many years. (I also own a 71 TR6 that I can actually
drive)

1) I liked the style of the older TRs, but I wanted one with roll up windows
and a little more room in the cockpit. The styling of the TR4 does grow on you
though. I also like this series of TRs for it's simplicity.

2) The TR4 styling is a bit of an acquired taste. The TR4A is better because
of the trim pieces that were added as well as the better looking grill. The
IRS version also gives a better ride than any of the earlier cars.

3) Buy the best car you can afford! Be sure to find one as complete and
original as possible. Join the local Triumph club, a good source for help, and
later, fun! Consider buying a book to do research before you buy. Bill
Piggott's
"Original Triumph 2, 3, 4" is among the best for learning about the early TR
series cars.

Eric Langreder
North Coast Triumph Association