Winter convertible

To: "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Winter convertible
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:27:52 -0500
OK, it's officially chilly here in Montreal.

Last night I stepped off the train from Toronto to find that it was -43C
with the wind chill (and there wasn't that much wind). Started up the car
and drove over to the parking booth and wound down the windows to pay and
clear some of the snow off the passenger side. Alas I then discovered that
the window winders were frozen and I found myself driving 10 Km down the
highway into the wind with the windows stuck wide open in the car. At -43C
yet! It reminded me of my old university days where I drove my motorcycle
all winter. I used to freeze my knees solid going down the highway. Of
course wouldn't you know it, as soon as I pulled into the driveway the
flaming windows rolled right up.

Anyway, after that interlude, I went inside and found the wife quite steamed
because her bathtub pipes had frozen. $&!^*$^$#*&!! contractors!

I want warmth now! (At least that's what I said to the wife as I chased her
around trying to apply my frozen ears to her body)

I see that it is supposed to be even colder tonight. Perhaps I can burn the
Christmas bills in the fireplace. That should create quite a blaze.

Warm thoughts to all stuck up here in the frozen north. :^)

Mark Hooper
TR6