Re: insurance

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: insurance
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:49:33 -0500
Fred and others on our lists,

I called the Company (AON) that Fred has reported on regarding Insurance for
my TR4A and their rates were very favorable. I am considering changing my
present coverage from my general Auto Policy to a Collector Policy so was
interested in them.
Here is what I found out and it's very interesting. They will not write a
policy for me because I have 4 drivers residing in my household and do not
have 4 regular cars insured on my general policy, I only have 3 cars
insured. I guess they then determine that as a result I would use the TR for
general everyday use as a 4th car and not as an occasional use vehicle.
Hence no insurance from them. No matter that one of the drivers is high
school aged and doesn't need an everyday car.

I've not found that from any other company that I've spoken with, maybe
that's a general policy for all of them and it's never come up in my
conversations and should have.

Any comments from someone who's in the insurance business and can speak to
the facts?

Jerry Van Vlack