Re: Need some help

To: ralittle2@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Need some help
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:27:22 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
There is a very slim chance that it was built by the factory but I think it is
more
likely that somebody is pulling somebody's leg.  The GT6 roadster was never
a production model but should have been.  There are lots of home made ones
around, this is probably one of them.  I would sure want to see some
documentation
before I paid more than the going price for a GT6 in similar condition.  It's a
pretty
easy conversion to build one.
Dave

From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Subject: Need some help

I received the following email from someone, and while my first reaction is
that there was no factory built GT6 convertible, I want to make sure.  I
know that some would say the TR6 and GT6 motor are similar.  But a GT6 is
built on the Spit frame, isn't it?

 [R. Ashford Little II]

Hi, My name is XYZ. I am in the process of thinking about purchasing a 1973
Triumph, which I have been told is a factory built GT 6 convertible. I would
like to know if this is  a "real" GT6 convertible or an imitation. The
car
has only 28000 miles and look and shows only that amount. Any help you could
give me would be greatly appreciated