Re: Valve Cover Fitting

To: jim williams <sportsix63@yahoo.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve Cover Fitting
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:03:14 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Yes but be very careful here.  A GT6 has EXTREEEEMLY limited clearance,
especially the MK1 and 2 around the forward end of the engine, and if the
valve cover has too tall of ribs etc, it WILL hit the bonnet.  I actually
bevel ground the forward ribs on mine to make sure that there was enough
clearance around there. Even having the hose clamp on the upper hose the
wrong way around can cause the screw part of the clamp to foul or scratch
on the underside of the bonnet - that's how close the bonnet is on the GT6
>Will a TR-6 valve cover fit a GT-6 head?
>I'm looking for an after market GT-6 valve cover and
>can only find listings for the TR-6.
>Thanks,
>Jim

Barry Schwartz - San Diego -(bschwart@pacbell.net)