RE: Wedge Hard Steering

To: <Triumphs@autotox.team.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wedge Hard Steering
From: "Alvin Watkins" <Krssamw@omh.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:24:44 -0500
This occured with my 7 also. Ended up replacing sterring rack. When I
took the rack out one of the ball bearings had dislodged into the teeth
in the rack.

Message text written by INTERNET:lstein6@earthlink.net
>this morning when i took a right turn the steering wheel did not come
back
as
normal.  then i noted that it was hard to turn the steering wheel and
when
did, the wheel stayed in that position (that i turned it to).  this
made me
very nervous.  but after just two blocks it went away and it was
normal
again.
when making a turn, if you let the wheel go, it returns to center by
itself.
the car is an 80 tr7 and does not have power steering.  any thoughts?
thanks,
larry
<

Check the rack for lubricant.  My MGB did this many years ago.  A
relub
fixed it.

Dave

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail is meant only for the use of the intended
recipient.  It may contain confidential information which is legally privileged
or otherwise protected by law.  If you received this e-mail in error or from
someone who was not authorized to send it to you, you are strictly prohibited
from reviewing, using, disseminating, distributing or copying the e-mail.
PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS
MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM.  Thank you for your cooperation.