RE: Tall Guy in a TR 3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tall Guy in a TR 3
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:37:58 -0800
> Randall,
> I never knew the pedals could be adjusted. How does one go about
> doing that?

For the throttle, there is both an adjustable stop under the pedal, and an
adjustable link between the lever on the firewall (sorry, bulkhead) and the
bellcrank on the intake manifold.  Set the adjustable link to get the pedal
height you want, then adjust the stop so the pedal hits it just as the
throttle plates go full open.

The brake and clutch both have adjustments at the master cylinder.  If
you're trying to move the pedals lower on a later car without the stops for
the brake and clutch, you may have to add the stops back in (bolt with two
nuts, through the hole in the bracket).  But be sure you leave at least
.010" freeplay in the linkage to the MC when the pedal hits the stop.  On
Lockheed (front drum) braked cars, I think the MC moves in it's mount to set
pedal height, but I'm not certain about that.

Randall