Re: TR6 trunnions..oil or grease?

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 trunnions..oil or grease?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:20:18 -0000
Hi Jeff
I'll have to assume that the TR is like the Spit, in which case they will
hold oil, what I will say though is that in all the years I owned a Herald
and Now with the Spitfire, I have not found a gun that will hold oil! I
always oiled the Herald then emptied the gun, the Spit is getting grease but
more regularly then recommended, oil is recommended, because it can be
displaced from the surface and flow back to re lubricate things where grease
will be displaced and not return, I think modern greases are less likely to
be displaced and / or more able to flow and therefore better than the old
grease.

Graham.