More TR4 problems

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: More TR4 problems
From: "Tim I. Purdy" <timipurdy@citlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:04:03 -0800
Shucks I feel like the village idiot, always asking for assistance.  But then
that is how one learns by asking.  Still playing around with the turn
indicators, and think, if I am lucky my find that problem.  My biggie is the
starter/heating/???.  Just before having the TR painted replaced the water
pump.  No longer replenishing radiator.  All during this time period, changed
voltage regulator.  The temp gauge, is rather erratic, than normal.  But back
to the starter.  In the morning, starts up fine, even in the low 30s in the
a.m..  Go for a short drive, two miles to the library, or sometimes scenic
route of five or six to the library.  Do some research at library for an hour
or two.  Return to the TR starts up fine.  But if I go for a long drive, 20-30
miles and then park and go inside a store, that's another story.  Return very
difficult, bordering on the impossible to start.  Ignition turns easy,
everything sounds like its trying to fire, but it sputters, I guess  like too
much gas or too little?  I did notice once a lot of blue smoke on start up
coming out of the exhaust, once it fired up and never witnessed it before.  Is
that a bad omen?  Just attempting to think of anything to add.  When I climb a
steep grade, since I live in the mountains, the temp guage does go up, but
levels off on downhill or regular grades, if that is any help.

Tim

Susanville, CA