Re: My 'New' '73 TR6

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My 'New' '73 TR6
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:15:55 -0000
Hi Randall
Sorry My mistake, I believe it was emissions that "officially" prevented you
from getting them and I knew Mr Nader was responsible for a lot of things,
just put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5 again!
In fairness to the engineers at both Lucas and Triumph I don't think anyone
since has found a way of getting the PI to go below about 5% CO, I know I
have tried calibrating a metering unit and can only achieve 5% by tweaking
the adjustment tower whilst the MOT examiner was having his tea break, good
to have a garage that will leave you with gear like that to do your own
adjustments!
Although my cars (with the exception of the recently acquired Spit) do not
have to be emissions tested under current rules, I like to keep them as
clean as possible emissions wise, no one is ever going to tell me I have a
clapped out dirty polluting old banger! Well they might tell me but I will
know they are wrong!

Graham