Re: 75-76 rear bumper

To: Alan Salvatore <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 75-76 rear bumper
From: Trevor Jordan <trevor@jordan.name>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:45:50 +1000
Al

I used large gal washers to provide the spacers.  They were about 2
mm thick and I used enough to match the thickness of the overriders.
 From what I remember (I did this in 97/98), the bumper would not fit
properly without some form of spacer.  A purpose made spacer might be
better but washers are quicker and easier.

On the front I used some black rubber/plastic plugs.  They fall out
occasionally but I still have a big bag of plugs left.  I also
planned to fit some driving lights using those holes (the bolt goes
through one hole and the light covers the other.  However, the holes
are a smaller diameter than the mounting hardware for most driving
lights.  It is possible to find lights that suit, but the choice is
limited.

Regards, Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U