RE: Remove Steering Arm/Lever on TR3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Remove Steering Arm/Lever on TR3
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:39:38 -0700
> Would I be correct in assuming that I need to remove the brake disc  to
> remove the steering arm bolts? I have one nut off on each side, the
> remaining nut/bolts are spinning and I can't get to the bolt head.
>
> So now I have to remove the disc and bearing and everything
> right?  Time to
> buy a puller me thinks!

You need to remove the hub & disc assembly, but no puller is needed.  Remove
the caliper (support it with a wire hook so the hose doesn't get strained,
no need to open the hydraulics).  Look for the shims (if any) between the
caliper and it's mount, you'll want to replace them afterwards.  Then remove
the dust cap, cotter pin, castellated nut and special flat washer.  A gentle
tug on the disc should be all it takes to remove the hub.  Be sure to catch
the bearing cone as it falls out.

Randall