Rear Oil Seal Replacement (Lower)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Oil Seal Replacement (Lower)
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:36:16 EDT
While removing the rear main cap to install felt sealing strips (the previous
engine rebuilder had used silicone instead of felt on the main cap), I was
able to successfully damage the lower rear oil seal by breaking off portions of
the outside corners where the lower seal mates up against the upper seal.
Nice job, I know.

Question:  What are the chances a new real oil seal lower will mate up
satisfactorily to the upper seal already in place?  I'm guessing that to
install
both the new upper and new lower seals will require pulling the engine to some
degree.  I'm hoping to avoid "some degree" as much as possible.

Go ahead...make my day...

TIA,

Bill Stagg
1960 TR3A