Temperature Guage Sending Uni

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temperature Guage Sending Uni
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 19:36:11 -0400
So............not having paid dear attention to you all on the list relative
to the temperature guage of TR3's in past posts, I just found out what exactly
is meant by my having a broken capillary tube running from the thermostat
housing sending unit, to the guage.  These sending units were charged with a
gas (ether?), so must be sent to a repair facility for rebuilding.

1)  Does anybody have a recent sense of the cost for rebuilding this guage and
reputable referrals to places that do it?

2)  Does anybody have an electrical workaround ?

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A  (Body off, but rebuilt engine, tranny, suspension, brakes,
driveshaft back on the frame, with the shop testing the radiator testing
positive, but the heater rusted so solid I could sell it for iron.)