Roping in a Windshield TR4A

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roping in a Windshield TR4A
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 21:39:35 -0400
Cc: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
List, as you can see from my subject line I'm trying to rope in a windshield.
I'm having trouble. I started at the bottom center and by the time I got to
the top corners it was clear that the seal was not going to fall into the
opening let alone allow me to rope the inner lip over. I suspect that I should
have started at the top and worked to the bottom. Anybody been there and done
that who will offer advice?

Have you used any type of caulk? I used some butyl rope made for windshields
and rolled it to about a 1/4 diameter. It seemed just like the stuff I
removed. Is that too big and maybe causing a problem?

I did my Surrey Hardtop this winter with no problems and it has much smaller
radius's to deal with so this has me stumped.

TIA
Jerry Van Vlack