WANTED: Door handle piece

To: <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net> i48K2bpq018231
Subject: WANTED: Door handle piece
From: "Jim Holmgren" <jholmgren@advertising.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 16:01:46 -0400
Hi folks.
Several weeks ago, the outside door handle on my '75 Spit stopped
working.  Not a huge deal, since I could easily reach in and open it
from the inside handle.
Since I had some time this weekend and the Spit's not going anywhere
anytime real soon, I decided to tear into the door and find out what
happened.  I discovered that a little plastic piece, kinda right-angled
with a screw driven through one side, had broken.  This piece is what
presses the latch-release on the door lock when you pull the handle.

So - I grabbed my assemblage of catalogs (Moss/VB/Spitbits) and nobody
seems to sell any door-handle workings by themselves. Well, I'm really
not excited about paying $100 for a whole new handle, when all I need is
a .50 piece of plastic.

Before I start scrounging on eBay or trying to figure out if I can
fabricate something to take it's place, does anyone have such a piece
laying around, perhaps from a parts car?  I would very happily pay a
fair price for this little chunk of plastic.  Pics of the piece in
question are at the links below:

http://www.littlebluespitfire.com/pics/spitfire/broken-door-piece.jpg

http://www.littlebluespitfire.com/pics/spitfire/broken-door-piece2.jpg

Thanks guys!
Jim
'75 Spitfire 1500

The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person(s) or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please contact the sender and permanently delete the email from any computer.