Re: VTR Website Still DEAD?????

To: triumph74tr6@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR Website Still DEAD?????
From: Percybal@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 10:13:01 EDT
In a message dated 5/8/2004 8:49:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
triumph74tr6@yahoo.com writes:

> Sheesh......how hard can it be to reaload the HTML that was there already?
> I ran my club's website for years.....not a heculean undertaking to upload
> backed up HTML.
>
> OTOH.....if our host is starting from scratch again....may be another deal,
> but should have backed up after the last "attack"
>
> </>monday morning q-back mode off</>
>
> Chad

 I asked about the VTR site to someone off list. From the
 description, it sounded as if the problem was more than
 HTML and has been an ongoing issue originating at their
 host server or something to that effect......I am afraid this is
 the outer limits of my current computer technical knowledge.

 I am not a member of VTR, however I am a bit surprised the
 management of the club has not made a repeated effort
 via e-mail or lists to update the membership on the problems
 and efforts being made to rectify them. Perhaps they have
 and I didn't see it.  It does seem a bit of a disservice to those
 folks who are trying to put on the VTR 2004 convention in Richmond
 Virginia. I suppose a certain amount of folks who are into car
 shows, conventions and other such nonsense are trying to get info
 and perhaps can't via the crippled website. Not everyone who owns a
 Triumph belongs to mailing lists, etc.

 Best Regards,

 Percy Ballentine
 (Back To Lurk Mode)