RE: TR3a fuel pump replacement

To: davidt@opentext.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3a fuel pump replacement
From: "george hahn" <ahwahnee18@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 06:40:17 -0700 FILETIME=[54FEC920:01C43694]
>I have swapped out a fuel pump on the '3 once already while the engine was
>in the car.  Going in from the top of the engine bay was not the easiest
>with all accessories.  The question I ask has anyone changed the pump from
>below?  Is it easier, is it not advisable?

>From below would seem to be more difficult even if you have a lift.  What I
have found that makes the job much easier are these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=31203

The wobble extension plus anti-sieze and not over-tightening of the nuts
(there are lock washers under them) make it easy -- though I am not sure
what accessories you are referring to.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4