Spitfire 1500 carb question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire 1500 carb question
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 20:19:41 -0400
This past weekend I drove the Spitfire around the neighborhood a bit
and all seemed fine.  This morning I wanted to take it to work but it
wouldn't fire.  Hmm, I smelled gas too.  A glance under the hood
showed a bit of gas having dropped from the bottom of the carb onto
the catalyst.  Okay, I sez to myself, this looks like a stuck float.
Problem is, them Z-S floats are a bit hard to get to, seemingly
buried inside the carb.  So this coming weekend I'll attempt to fix
it, starting (I suppose) with removing the carb.  Are there any
cautions I should be cautious of?

Tanks,

--
Jim Muller