Re: TR4: spacers for wire wheels

To: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4: spacers for wire wheels
From: Cliff Hansen <hansenc@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 18:39:06 -0600
Steve,

I have some spacers that (I think) came from Moss with a set of KN
wheels.  I say I think because I bought the wheels from a private seller,
but they were packaged in Moss boxes which  looked like the original
shipping packages.

The spacers are aluminum.  I would guess the disks were milled to the
required thickness but the holes have been punched out (and not too well,
bunch of swarf around the edges.)  Dimension are

Outer diameter of disk: 5.93"
Inner diameter of disk:  3.07"
Length of oblong hole for stud:  1.235"
Width of oblong hole for stud:  0.76"
Thickness: 0.245"

I haven't had these wheels on the car, yet.

At 04:37 PM 5/11/2004 -0600, Steven Newell wrote:
>Where should I look to get spacers to run wire wheels on the longer
>bolt-on studs? Big three? Local speed shop? Hardware store? What specific
>dimensions will I need if it's not a Triumph supplier?

Cliff Hansen
hansenc@flash.net
1966 TR-4A CTC 64615L (almost ready to paint the tub)