[Fwd: Re: installing Hayden fan: all the colors of the rainbow]

To: Andrew Taylor <ataylor@mail.hrca.harvard.edu>, Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: installing Hayden fan: all the colors of the rainbow]
From: Bob Annand <bobannand@hfx.eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:46:43 -0300
Please pardon disconnected brain - positive ground !!!!!!

Andy
This may seem confused but here goes: Black goes to ground. Brown goes
to probe. Yellow to probe. The other end of the yellow to the fuse box.
Green  is not used. Red to positive terminal of battery. Orange to the
Blue wire on fan motor.  Black wire on fan motor to ground.  Blue wire
on module is not used.  I wouldn't cut off the unused wires as your
situation may change.
This is on a negative ground TR3A. The way to test is to connect the 2
temperature probe wires to each other and see if your fan turns in the
correct direction. It will run in both directions but only one is right.
Bob