72 TR6

To: TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net> i4II10vL009943
Subject: 72 TR6
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:58:06 -0400
For some reason Tom could not post this to the list so I am
forwarding it looking for suggestions on what to check.

Thanks, Dave

From:   INTERNET:tom.w.wagner@sun.com, INTERNET:tom.w.wagner@sun.com
To:     , [105671,471]

Date:   5/18/2004 09:32 AM

RE:     72 TR6

Dave:

I seem to remember from all the list
postings that you have a TR6, so I was
wondering if you could help me out.

I tried to post something to the list
and have not heard anything, so here goes:

        I am trying to figure out why
        my car will stop running after
        only a couple of minutes.

        Here are some facts:

                Engine rebuilt about a year ago
                for a major restoration project.

                Valves readjusted

                Car will only run with choke out
                and the plugs are sooty, but then
                car dies if choke is pushed back in.

                Timing adjusted to correct amount.

                No points, Petronix electronic points.

                Carbs rebuilt by reliable shop.

                Gas in the bowls of the ZS175

Any help would be appreciated as I would like
to get this car back on the road.

--
Thanks in advance for the help

Tom Wagner