A few more engine questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: A few more engine questions
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:44:42 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Since I will be converting to the later 1500 single rail transmission with
overdrive in the wife's MK3 I need a little info.  There was a discussion a
while back about the flywheel bolts.  The flywheel I have is a 1500 which I
believe uses 7/16 bolts,  the crankshaft is drilled for 3/8-24 - there was
talk of spacers or a certain year bolt that will allow this conversion -
does anyone have the part numbers for the bolts or the spacer?
The flywheels are also slightly different and I would like to make sure
that I have the correct one.  The old flywheel is completely flat faced
where the clutch pressure plate bolts on.  The 1500 that I have has a
raised ring that encircles the clutch pressure plate and sits about 1/4
inch proud and is about 1/2 inch thick/wide of the actual drive plate
flywheel face and is where the pressure plate mounts to - Is this a normal
1500 flywheel?  Since I have never seen a 1500 flywheel I want to make sure
of what I have -

Thanks again!
Barry Schwartz (San Diego)
---