TR3A starter click-fixed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A starter click-fixed
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 22:11:13 EDT
Thanks all for suggestions. It appears that the problem was related to bad
connection at the starter solenoid. Testing to eliminate the cabling must have
disturbed it enough, and while checking with the test lamp, asked the missus to
hit the starter. Nearly soiled myself when the starter engaged. The wife
asked " ... what was wrong it worked", I replied, "... wasn't supposed to ..."
.
I've now cleaned up all the connections and have gone out to town for a few
errands, started every time.
Cameron-Ontario, I am in NY so rebuilt of the "original" in Canada not an
option. Thanks Dennis-Hudson Valley for your suggestion though, I may still get
the old one rebuilt.

Thanks again all,
Best Regards,
Ed (58 TR3A)