RE: Wheel Studs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wheel Studs
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:40:07 -0700
> Simply put, any tips about getting replacement wheel studs to seat.

> I've been advised that the lug nuts
> themselves will complete the job but....I don't know about that.

Jim, IMO if the lug nuts won't pull the stud into position, there is
something else wrong like it's the wrong stud or the splines on the stud
aren't lined up with the grooves cut in the hub by the previous stud.  In
that case, you need to either fix the problem, or remove the hub and use a
press to install the stud.

I generally put a couple of flat washers over the stud, and install the lug
nut with the flat side towards the washers.  If you can't do that with your
lug nuts, a regular nut of the appropriate thread will do.

Randall