Re: removing and cleaning the fuel tank

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: removing and cleaning the fuel tank
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 20:01:38 -0400
> i  know  my  tamk  is  full  of  rustcar  is  not  running  at  the moment
> so  thought  i  might  remove  cleanand  coat  the  inside. any
suggestion  on
>  cleaning  the  inside  i  heard  of  using  white vinegar on  a spit
page.
> what  parts  or  gaskets  should  i  replace  with the  tank  out  of  the
car
> . TIA
> jason
> 71TR6

Hi, Jason.  POR-15 has a website and they sell products that clean (Marine
Clean @ $25), derust (phosphoric acid), and I think even line your tank.
...Or, I think you could use Simple Green ($8.00 or so at Home Depot),
phosphoric acid from an agricultural supply house (used to clean milk
machines, according to one on this List), and I don't know what to line.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A