Rat Roadster#1 goes down!

To: "" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rat Roadster#1 goes down!
From: "" <chammock@iquest.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 16:46:43 -0500
Scary new to me - old hat to many
Well, turingin onto a busy 4 lane hwy on Saturday in the TR3.  Hear a
smallclunk and suddenly have 20 - 25 degrees of free play in the steering
wheel!  Luckily I grew up driving old tractors - very similar.  Limped home
and found that one of the silent blocs had disintegrated - luckily holding
together long enough to return me safely.  Thankfully it didn't happen on my
most recent high speed run =80

Thanks in advance to those of you who prepared me for this event.  (I have a
folder of printed off e-replies from the past that will hep me through the
process of a complete suspension rebuild - long planned and oft avoided)

2 quick questions:  Anyone have a TRF spring compressor for the TR3 they wish
to sell or lease?  I know I can make one, but staring at that big old spring
made me think "duty specific" is the safeword of the day.

2 for the bushings - urethane or nylatron/stainless?  TRF says urethane is
plenty stiff enough - the other is more for track use.  There seems to be
several who do the other and use on the street.  Expereinces welcomed. Fair
weather driver and play car. Fast road.

I plan to do the complete suspension, new shocks all around, front sway bar
steering box rebuild.  Start disassembly of the sheet metal tonight to get the
apron off.  Found too much weird wiring last night - had to quit and ponder.
Thanks in advance for services to be rendered - this list is the best!

Perry Hammock
TR3A TS70k+ LO